Friday, June 27, 2014

Ex: The Nu Net

As "you" know, I am obsessed with net art and all things weird in cyber space. I thought tonight I could share some radical new websites that I've stumbled into recently that are seriously revolutionary. I'm not sure where the internet is headed, but if these sites are any indication there is some really progressive and just fucking cool stuff in our near/net future.

Print All Over Me















I haven't purchased anything from PAOM yet... but I want to. Max and I have definitely talked about wanting to start a website just like this. Basically you can upload an image to print "all over" different basic items of clothing. You can also choose from other peoples designs. My favorite item to customize is the shift dress. It's kind of pricey, but I might have to treat myself some day soon.

to.be


While I want to rep this really cool site, I haven't actually had a successful experience with it yet. I'm not sure if it's just my computer but it's been sort of buggy when I've attempted to use it. Despite that, this is a really cool website. It allows you to create a "field", where you can combine images, and then share it with other users. The real perk of this site is that it allows you to print the fields to shirts. So, you could design your own really cool shirt, or decide to print a different design that someone else has made. It's like, open source net art fashion. Pretty cool.

Newhive


Newhive is the website that I actually have some experience with. This is very similar to to.be, except without the ability to print your design to a shirt, and instead of a "field" you make an "expression". That has it's own advantages to it though, like theres no incentive to make the "expressions" except for the sake of art. And I am all about that. It's a diverse cyber gallery. Also there are more things you can insert into your expression than you are able to at to.be, like music and video. If you want, you can check out my Newhive profile here.

No comments :

Post a Comment