Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Femme Fantasy

I like girls too much. My relationship with women is mostly a fantasy. My relationship with Max is so steady that the male-counterpart needs in my life are fulfilled, so my attention is directed elsewhere to find something more to lust after. It's like as soon as one thing in my life is going well I have to make up something new to want. So now I obsess over women. It's kind of nice, like a crush you indulge in but never act on. I mean, I hook up with girls sometimes, but it's not romantic, which is the part I dream about. Dream girls in my dream bubble bath. And I don't think it matters if it's an impossible fantasy (seeing as I have a boyfriend, and polyamory is intangible) because I have fun with it anyway.

I thought I could share some of my favorite lady-lust media.

Move On - Garden City Movement
This one is sad. I think the term is neo-nostalgia (except neo-anything terms are just trendy bs). But yes it does have that effect, a nostalgia for something you never had in the first place. And it's beautiful and so on-point. It gives what was missing for me in Blue Is The Warmest Color; a lesbian relationship that is less about sex and more about girly femme touchy friendship/romance.

Kim and Jessie - M83
The only part that makes no sense is the ending, but maybe that makes it even more lustful. They flirt all day but are too scared to commit to each other. Anyway it's nice to dream about having a girlfriend who learns to roller-dance with me in short skirts. 


Hands - Alpine
This one isn't directly about girls kissing, but if you watch it I think you would understand how I made the connection. "It's okay to feel that way," definitely encourages some positive sexy vibes. I'm now noticing that all of these videos I've chosen feature pale, waif-like girls in soft colors. I'm not sure what that means. Maybe I'm brainwashed, but it's okay I like it.

And lastly, I want to plug two of the greatest, creepiest girl power movies that exist. If you haven't seen these go out and watch them this instant. The first is The Craft and the second is Heavenly Creatures. I won't give you a rundown of either plot since I don't want to spoil anything. If you love girls and weirdos and friendship and dark magic, I recommend these.

The Craft, 1996
Heavenly Creatures, 1994

No comments :

Post a Comment